Business Analyst (60-2020)
Full or Part Time
End of December 11, 2020
Sturgeon County, just north of Edmonton, is a diverse community with urban and rural citizens and industrial and agricultural-focused businesses. We are looking for a Business Analyst to join a team of IT professionals dedicated to helping County staff provide efficient and effective services to our citizens and businesses. Being successful in this position means being able to work with a portfolio of departments to make strategic plans, analyze and reengineer business processes and provide project management and organizational change management where needed.
- Establish and maintain relationships with a portfolio of departments, working to identify their goals and strategic directions, their constraints and challenges, and identifying opportunities for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the departments.
- Identify and engage in shared and corporate opportunities to improve strategic alignment and cross-organization efficiency and effectiveness.
- Work organizationally and with departments to establish plans and business cases for business process reengineering and/or enhancing existing or implementing new systems to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- As a business analyst, analyze existing processes and work with stakeholders to improve their efficiency and effectiveness in measurable ways through the County’s business process reengineering framework.
- As a project manager, work to ensure the success of your assigned projects, following the County’s project management framework.
- As a change manager, work to identify, develop and execute plans to implement change initiatives successfully.
- Create procurement documents and execute procurement processes to acquire new technology solutions or resources to supplement the existing IT team, as needed.
- Develop and document best practices, procedures, and corporate frameworks for project management, organizational change management and business process reengineering, including providing training to others as needed.
- Ability to provide and maintain a home-based office as a condition of employment, with the ability to work from the Sturgeon County office, when required.
- Related degree or diploma, including a Business Analyst Certification and/or Certification of Competency in Business Analysis (CCBA).
- Minimum five years progressively responsible related experience in a complex business environment and/or municipal government setting that includes leading increasingly complex process improvements, projects and initiatives.
- A Certified Business Analyst Professional (CBAP) Designation, Business Process Management Certification and/or Project Management Certification, Prosci Change Management Certification would be assets.
Remuneration and Benefits
$83,864 – $110,358
Please submit your application by email quoting the competition number in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you to all applicants for their interest, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted. Sturgeon County is an equal opportunity employer.